Saturday, August 27, 2011
Fall Blog Hop!
Hello! Welcome to the Fall Blog Hop! You should have come from our host, Kristen at Fantabulously Pink. If not, click on her name to go back and see her post! She has blog candy! :)
I was excited to create something for fall. I love this time of year when you can pull out sweaters and get all cozy. It was 80 degrees here yesterday though so definitely no sweaters yet! It's coming!!!
I decided to create a piece of home decor. Once I got this idea in my head, I couldn't change it to anything else. Here it is:
This creation is made entirely from ONE cut on the Jubilee Cricut cartridge. Isn't that amazing? Not even the shift key, just literally one cut! I did a fit to page cut first to see how big the tree could be on a 12x12 piece of paper. All of the trees and layers are cut at 6.25". First I cut all of the pieces I would need in various colors. I used my Gypsy "hide contour" button to hide all the extra pieces that I didn't need when cutting a certain color. This is the #1 feature of the Gypsy in my opinion! :)
Then I took to the pieces and started inking. I am not a person who inks on every single project but I knew there would be no background for this particular piece; I wanted the cuts themselves to be the stars. I inked every single piece I cut, using mostly greens and browns. Here they are side by side (Left - before inking, Right - after inking):
A few close ups:
I did use gold on the fall leaves to ink. I think it adds warmth to the fall cuts.
Finally, you have to imagine a little bit with me here. I did have this frame with mat at home that ended up working for this project. I went to every craft store we have in my area this week looking for a four opening frame. Do you know how hard that is to find??? I just want a nice wood grain frame that has four openings in it. Nope. There are tons of 3s and a few 5s but I did not find one single frame with four openings. I'm going to keep looking though and hopefully I will find what I am really looking for...
If I had a four opening frame, the yellow background would look better I think, than the way it is now. But this is what I have and it's hanging on my wall until I find the ultimate frame! :)
I think you could keep this same project and change the highlighted section for whichever season of the year we are in, if you would like to. That might be fun to do!
Well anyway... I hope you enjoyed my fall project and that you take the time to visit the other wonderful ladies in this hop. Next, you should head to Roberta's blog, TXScrapperMom. Love her creations!
Before you go, be sure to leave me a comment and I will pick a winner on Monday, 8/29, for this Hero Arts circle stamp set! Make sure you leave your email or MB name so that I can contact you if you win!
Here is the full line up of the hop in case you get lost!
1) Kristen http://fantabulouslypink.blogspot.com/
2) Michele www.michelegreen.com <-- You are HERE
3) Roberta http://www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com/ <-- Go HERE next!
4) Mary http://www.marebearscraps.blogspot.com/
5) Renee http://icameisawicreated.blogspot.com/
6) Carolyn http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com/
7) Gamma http://gammascreativecorner.blogspot.com/
8) Colleen http://www.scrappycol.blogspot.com
9) DoodleDiva www.doodledivadesigns.com
10) Kimbe http://kimberliscreations.blogspot.com/
11) Lisa http://addictedtothecricut.blogspot.com
12) Gonecampn http://www.scrapcavecreations.com/
13) Momto2cuties http://www.inlovewithpaper.blogspot.com/
14) Scrapalette http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/
15) Paper Memories http://papermemories4u.blogspot.com/
19) HappyScrapper64 http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
20) Madylyn http://inspiredbycolor.blogspot.com/
Thanks for hopping along with us! I am sure you will enjoy the hop!