For this hop, I decided to make a Christmas card with a new design I had discovered. That evolved into making three cards with different cuts. Here they are from the outside:
I used my Gypsy to take a shape from Graphically Speaking and create this card that folds over on itself.
This card folds into itself. I am going to write my message and signature on the flaps of the inside.
The paper I used was white on the back, which was too plain for the inside, so I choose to put a piece of Core'dinations white glitter paper inside (4x4) with a border that matches the outside paper pattern. That frame shape I got from Locker Talk.
I used Jolly Holidays to cut out a character for the inside of my cards. I really like this cart and the pieces weren't too hard to put together. All these characters are cut at 3".
I put the characters on the inside of the card with some pretty thick dimensionals I have. This give them some nice lift off of the paper so that they stick out.
I chose to close each one in a different way. There are lots of ways you could do this. I chose a ribbon for the red card, a ornament cut from Jolly Holidays for the black card (this has a small dimensional on the back that is really just holding the ornament to one flap of the card), and a snowflake crystal for the green card (this is adhered with a glue dot).
I think these cards turned out great and what I am so happy about them is that they seem plain on the outside but there is a surprise waiting for you on the inside! You could slip a gift card in there or a piece of candy, anything little!
Ok, if you are with me this far, you deserve a prize - blog candy! Look at this cute little scrappin' tote I found! It also comes with an alphabet stamp set, a set of holiday chipboard letters, and red and gold Stickles!!
Be sure to leave me a comment telling me what your favorite thing about Christmas or the holiday you celebrate is. You must also leave a way for me to contact you. You can become a follower if you want to!
Thanks everyone! Your next stop on the hop is ScrapHappyDeb's blog.
Here is the entire blog list, in case you need it:
1) Wamfamily - http://wamfamily.blogspot.com
2) Scrappin Nanapuddin - http://Scrappin-Nanapuddin.blogspot.com
3) Mandy - http://mandys-scrap.blogspot.com
4) JenniferHawkins2 - http://scrapaholicjen.blogspot.com
5) CraftyScentiments - http://www.Craftyscentiments.com
6) TheScrapbookGirl - http://www.cricutconfessions.com
7) Lechristina3 - http://allthingscrafty3.blogspot.com
8) ABrooks86 - http://almabrooksblog.blogspot.com
9) LisaKnight - http://www.cricutingwithlisa.blogspot.com
10) Makeupgirl217 - http://217creations.blogspot.com
11) Greengirl - http://greengirlscraps.blogspot.com <--YOU ARE HERE!
12) ScrapHappyDeb - http://debseclecticthoughts.blogspot.com
13) Bling Queen - http://lvscrappin.blogspot.com